File:1888-1967 St. Joachim Church (New York).jpg

From 4 Enoch: : The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism, and Christian and Islamic Origins
Revision as of 17:46, 6 December 2023 by Gabriele Boccaccini (talk | contribs) (Gabriele Boccaccini uploaded File:1888 St. Joachim Church (New York).jpg)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Original file(500 × 768 pixels, file size: 127 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

St. Joachim Church (1888) -- Catholic Church (New York)

The parish and church were established in 1888 by the Missionary Fathers of St. Charles Borromeo, with the Rev. F. Morelli, C.S.C.B., as their first pastor. It was founded for Italians, who had previously had to worship in the basements of the Catholic churches made up of Irish-American congregants.

The Church was demolished in 1967. The Parish was merged by the Archdiocese of New York with the nearby St. Joseph Church.

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current17:46, 6 December 2023Thumbnail for version as of 17:46, 6 December 2023500 × 768 (127 KB)Gabriele Boccaccini (talk | contribs)

There are no pages that use this file.